20211206

Eternity and locality

 PSI Blog 20211206 Eternity and locality

 

By

Jesse Witwer

 

[GB: Occasionally we get interesting links to questions and answers on Quora, which is a generally regressive social media platform. Here are Jesse’s answers to some of those usually naïve questions:]

 

Hi Glenn,

 

Perhaps your readers would enjoy my take and addition of Eternity as a fundamental assumption consupponible with the rest of your assumptions.

 

I also suggested Locality.

 

 

My answer to “What is time? I don't understand it at all. Has time always existed and will for eternity? What is the relativity theory all about?”  https://www.quora.com/What-is-time-I-dont-understand-it-at-all-Has-time-always-existed-and-will-for-eternity-What-is-the-relativity-theory-all-about/answer/Jesse-Witwer?ch=15&oid=99060090&share=b0c9224f&srid=ubVZd&target_type=answer

 

 

My answer to “Technically am I just as old as universe because matter can neither be created nor be destroyed?” https://www.quora.com/Technically-am-I-just-as-old-as-universe-because-matter-can-neither-be-created-nor-be-destroyed/answer/Jesse-Witwer?ch=15&oid=82616848&share=bb12815c&srid=ubVZd&target_type=answer

 

[GB: Thanks Jesse for your observations on this. About adding additional assumptions: As I have written, we could have one or an infinite number of assumptions. They are just different ways of explaining materialism (i.e., reality). Note that your first questioner assumes time “exists.” Of course, it does not exist, it occurs. Eternity is another corollary of infinity and all its other consupponible assumptions. Locality is another one, which might help folks understand that, while the universe is infinite, not every part of the universe is involved in any particular event. That is forbidden by causality, which requires local collisions to produce effects. I like sticking with 10 assumptions for pedagogical reasons. Also, I have trouble remembering more than 10 things at once.]  

No comments: