20220131

Time and “Infinite Universe Theory” get recognized by famous author

 

PSI Blog 20220131 Time and “Infinite Universe Theory” get recognized by famous author

 

Thanks to George Coyne for this link to an interview by Richard Owain Roberts of “Tao Lin, author of ten books of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. His most recent novel, Leave Society, was published last August.”

 

https://www.walesartsreview.org/tao-lin-in-conversation-with-richard-owain-roberts/

 

An excerpt:

 

“ROR: Have you read anything interesting, or have any thoughts, on how time might work?

 

TL: Glenn Borchardt, author of Infinite Universe Theory, argues that time is simply motion. He says time can’t “flow” because motion can’t flow. He says time doesn’t exist; rather, it occurs. He and others think that Einstein made a mistake when he objectified time into a dimension, possibly leading physicists into a century-plus-long Kuhnian crisis. Russian physicist Nikolai Kozyrev called the aether (a “sea” of undetectably small particles that people, until the twentieth century, believed filled every area of empty space) time, which I find fascinating and want to learn more about.”

 

 

[GB: Here is a conversation George had with Tao on Facebook:]

 

“Hi Glenn,

 

Here is some of the conversation I had about you on Tao Lin's FB page:

Tao, your interview is great! I emailed your comment to Glenn Borchardt on what you said about his definition of time as the motion of objects. As you know I subscribe to the same view in my book. I am surprised that all scientists have not realized this.

 

Author

Tao Lin

George Coyne Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for passing my comment to Borchardt. I'll have a ~2.5k word essay on the Big Bang being wrong out soon.

 

 

Active

George Coyne

Looking forward to reading it. Please send me a FB message when it comes out. Glenn Borchardt requested the link to your interview with Richard Roberts so I sent it to him. In my view, you are having a very positive impact.

 

--

George Coyne”

 

[GB: Also see Tao’s essay on the demise of the BBT:

 

https://go.glennborchardt.com/iyl ]

 

 

 


4 comments:

Tao Lin said...

Thank you for this post. I hope to write more on your fascinating work in my next book.

Bligh said...

TL
Time is definitely due to motion. But the ether is not particles since 1935 or so.
It is a wave form of energy. It is actually a sea of oscillation.
My book is still not out yet but you might want to check out Milo Wolfe's blog
George

George Coyne said...

Glenn, here is the last comment to me from January 28, 2022 that Tao Lin posted on his author's FaceBook page in our conversation: "George Coyne Thank you. Will send message when it comes out. You and Borchardt and David de Hilster have been a big inspiration to me."

Glenn Borchardt said...

From George, who mentions this guys conversion to infinity:

https://www.facebook.com/george.coyne.77/posts/1368573310265932

Also note, that like other reformists, he tries to combine it with relativity, not realizing the contradiction.